Mānuka Honey and Garlic flatbread recipe
As we head into winter, colder and frosty days call for warm, homey meals, and nothing hits better than homemade bread! Try our flatbread recipe which features our pure, raw mānuka honey.
- 235 grams High-Grade flour
- 7 grams instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Aotea Mānuka honey
- 150-180 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 135ml warm water
- Rock salt as desired
- Garlic as desired
- Rosemary as desired
- Drizzle of Aotea Mānuka honey
1. In a mixing bowl, combine honey, instant yeast, and water. Gently stir and let sit for 2-5 minutes.
2. Once 2-5 minutes have passed add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt to the mixture and stir.
3. Add high-grade flour to a larger mixing bowl then pour yeast mixture and fold with a spoon until you have a shaggy dough.
4. Transfer the dough onto the counter and knead by hand until it becomes a smooth, silky ball (Around 5 - 10 minutes)
5. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a tea towel or plastic wrap, and let it rest in a warm spot for about 5 minutes.
6. Grease a baking tin with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
7. Press, pat, and ease the dough into the oiled tin, ensuring it spreads evenly.
8. Cover the tin and let the dough rise for approximately 15 minutes.
9. Use your fingers to create deep holes in the dough, then brush it gently with olive oil. Sprinkle it with your desired amount of rock salt, rosemary, garlic and finally drizzle a generous amount of our Aotea Mānuka honey.
10. Place the tin in a COLD oven, then set the temperature to 200°C (400°F). The dough should rise rapidly as the oven heats up.
11. After 20-25 minutes, the flatbread will be beautifully golden and well-risen. Remove from the oven and drizzle with more olive oil and honey. Enjoy right away as it is warm or let cool down.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.