Payment, shipment, delivery
- How can I pay for products? We use the Shopify Payments gateway to process online orders, which accepts all major credit cards. We also offer Laybuy, allowing you to pay overtime with 6 Interest-Free Instalments
- Where do you ship from? All orders are shipped from our warehouse in Grey Lynn, Auckland.
- Do you offer free shipping? Yes, we offer free shipping in New Zealand on orders over $50.00
- Do you ship internationally? Yes we ship internationally.
- How much is shipping?
NZ over $50 = Free
NZ under $50 = $5
Aus = $15
USA = $25
Europe = $45
Rest Of World = $35
- Do you post to PO boxes in New Zealand? No, we are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
- How many stores do you have? We have one concept store located on the ground floor of Commercial Bay, Auckland NZ. Please click here for store hours
- Do you offer next day shipping? Yes, we offer next day shipping within New Zealand. Extra charges will be applied at checkout if you select this option.
- Am I able to get a refund for my products? We strive to make sure our customers are always satisfied with our products. If you are not happy with your purchase you may return an unused product within 14 days for a full refund, less shipping costs. To return a product, contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the products you received are damaged or missing you can also contact us and our team will happily help you.
- What can I do if the products I received were damaged on arrival? If your product was delivered damaged, please contact us at email@example.com and provide a photo of the damage. We will arrange for the product to be collected, and the damaged product will be replaced.
- Where are Aotea products made? All Aotea products are handmade on Aotea (Great Barrier Island) New Zealand using native flora grown, harvested, extracted and bottled by our team.
- Are your ingredients natural and organic? Yes, our products are made from natural ingredients and we primarily use organic where possible. Due to the nature of how our products are made on Aotea it's important to note that not all ingredients can be certified organic as they are wildly harvested.
- Are Aotea products safe to use on sensitive skin? Yes, all our products have been formulated using natural ingredients with sensitive skin types in mind. If you have extra sensitive skin, we recommend patch testing on a small area on the back of the hand first.
- Are Aotea products safe to use on children? Yes, our formulations are gentle enough to use on children.
- Are Aotea products tested on animals? No, Aotea products have ever been tested on animals.
- Do Aotea products contain synthetic fragrances? No, all ingredients are derived from natural sources including the ingredients we use to scent our products.
- What is the shelf life of Aotea products? All Aotea products are formulated with natural ingredients including our preservatives, giving a shelf life of 3 years.
- How should I store my products? We recommend storing products out of direct sunlight in a cool, dark place. Lids should always be closed after use and the bottle stored upright.
- Are your products recyclable? Our box packaging and jars are all recyclable.
- Are your products suitable for pregnant women and for women who are breastfeeding? Yes, as our range of products are made with natural ingredients they are safe to use during pregnancy and on women who are breastfeeding.
Environment | Sustainability
- Does Aotea offer refills? As a business, it's important for us to continuously work to eliminate waste and support the continued use of our packaging. We are currently working towards circular solutions that will encourage the reuse of our packaging and will be offering these services in the foreseeable future.
- Are your postal bags compostable? Yes, we use compostable bags provided by r3pack, a New Zealand owned business. Each bag is made with corn starch, PLA and PBAT. They also use non toxic inks providing a natural alternative to traditional plastic based courier bags.
- Does Aotea support any community initiative or donate money to charities? Yes, we are proud to say that for every year we have been in business we have provided scholarships to our rangatahi Māori (Māori youth) from Aotea to attend high school and we are in the process of creating more jobs for whānau on the island.
Couldn't find the answer to your question? If not, please send your question / query to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you within 2 working days.